Tuesday, March 20, 2012

March 11, 2012

My day started at 2:30 a.m.  Ron Baker was kind enough to cut his night short in order to take me to the airport for my trip to Zambia, via Nairobi, Kenya.  Flights were smooth, and I arrived in Lusaka, Zambia, on time.  I was met by Mailes and Oscar Ndao.  We drove straight to the church compound in Lusaka, where the morning service was in progress.  Immediately after the service, I met with the parents in a question and answer session.  Some excellent questions came out of that session, and we had a great time together.  I also shared the salvation bracelet, and the story of my 92-year old mother's ministry making the bracelets that are shared around the world.

Then the child interviews began.  Several things were noticeable.  First, these children's English was really good.  Many of them could answer in English without translation.  Second, they had dreams.   Pilots, teachers, engineers, accountants, even a professional soccer player (every Zambian boy's dream - Zambia won the Africa cup this year!).  Third, the children are receiving very good care and follow-up.  Mailes Ndao, the director, and the COP committee are well-organized, dedicated, and passionate about the children. 

Sponsored Child in Lusaka- A Very Happy One!

A long day.  A very long day.  An excellent day.  One that ends in good sleep, framed by a smile.

Dr. Paul Maxfield
Executive Director

No comments:

Post a Comment