Saturday, October 6, 2012

The Kids in Das Marinas- Philippines

October 6, 2012

Bob and Wendy Weeks sponsor children in various parts of the world, including several in The Philippines.  Both Bob and Wendy have visited their children in The Philippines.  Bob has returned as part of this trip to see the children here again.  Here is what he has to say:

"This is my second time in The Philippines.  I was here in 2010, and I can see a huge difference in the children we sponsor.  They have all grown taller and have all become active in their churches.  Their family members are now active in the church as well.  Meeting our kids this time was more difficult than I thought.  It was much harder to leave them behind.  I was greeted with smiles, hugs, and thank you's from the children and family members.  In reflecting on this day, the question that keeps coming to my mind is "Who am I?"  God chose these children we sponsor.  God has given us the ability to financially support them.  God has given me this opportunity to visit our children.  Who am I?  Papa Bob."

It is indeed difficult to say goodbye - but it is overshadowed by the joy of making a significant impact in a child's life.  It is a privilege to be a part of the children's lives.

Today we visited and interviewed the children in Das Marinas (PHDS) in the greater Manila area..  We were met with shouts of welcome!

As our time together began, the children shared a special dance to a popular Christian song.  It was a great start to a joyful and energetic afternoon.

The sponsors and I have been continually impressed by how healthy and happy the children are who are part of Grace Family Helper Project.  When children first come into the program, their health is often poor.  As they receive the care and the benefits of the program, change is visible.  They begin to grow, they fill out, and they look so healthy.

I would also like to say thank you to all our sponsors who give generously to our emergency fund.  This afternoon as I examined the children for health needs, I was reminded again at how important you support is for this fund.  To be able to see a child who needs significant health care, and to be able to immediately offer it to a child and his family is such a wonderful blessing.  And that is possible because people give to the emergency fund.  Thank you so much.

Here are some photos of our visiting and interviewing today in Das Marinas.









No comments:

Post a Comment